Social Media Training Day on Wheels -Leveraging the Power of Social Media for Real Estate Professionals
The Real Deal’s 2023 South Florida Real Estate Forum summarized the common theme in the current luxury real estate market… There’s no slowdown. While that’s great for real estate professionals, it also means one thing: More competition.
To be successful, having a strong online presence is crucial. But it’s not about how many followers you have or videos you take, it’s about telling a story that’s relatable and engaging, while tying it back to life as a luxury agent. That’s what BoardroomPR’s expert social media team addressed at a social media training day it recently hosted for a renowned real estate development company based in South Florida.
Our social media director, Ashley Kearns; digital marketing director, Mara Gordon, and I had the privilege of teaching a group of top-producing agents “How to Become an Influencer” while on the Brightline train, which we coined the “Influencer Train.”
The goal of this interactive, 25-minute workshop was to help agents find their purpose and leverage it using the power of social media to connect with potential clients and establish themselves as trusted experts in the industry. Whether in an office, a virtual setting or traveling at 100 mph, our social media pros adapt to the needs of our clients to share the latest updates on these constantly evolving platforms.
- What is an influencer? Someone with the ability to influence potential buyers of a product or service by promoting or recommending the items on social media.
- Finding your focus/niche: Find something unique to tie into real estate (or whatever industry you are in) that will make your content original and authentic to you.
- Consistency: Make sure you’re posting on a consistent schedule and with consistent topics. This will help you build an audience and keep them coming back for more.
- The ability to adapt: The world of social media is constantly changing, so it’s important to be adaptable (just like our team was in this presentation). Be willing to try new things and see what works best for you and your audience.
- Planning and storyboarding your content:
- Don’t create just to create. Pick a topic that you are passionate about and be creative in how you can tie it into real estate.
- Are you interested in fashion? Food? Fitness? Art?
- The importance of showing your authentic self: Be relatable, show your personality, be conversational, and don’t be too polished- It was probably perfect the first time!
The Brightline training day was a great success. The agents left armed with a newfound understanding of the power of social media and the tools to create engaging content, build a strong online presence, and establish themselves as trusted experts in the industry.
If you’re looking for more tips and tricks on how to brand yourself on social media, let our award-winning team be your social media compass, guiding you through the ever-changing digital landscape. We’re here to help you build a powerful and impactful online presence that sets you apart from the crowd. Contact us today!
Social Media Strategist